Senior Staff Accountant
Trail Drive Management Corp. managing company of Dickies Arena located in Fort Worth Texas
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Salary: Salary for this position is commensurate with education and job experience.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The purpose of the position is to perform daily accounting, payroll and administrative functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Process and prepare accounts payable invoices.
- Verify & post entries to general ledger accounts; run trail balances.
- Detail processing for accounts receivable and collection calls for outstanding payments.
- Process Box Office ticket reports and record transactions.
- Facilitate month-end, quarter-end and year-end close tasks.
- Work within the accounting team.
- Prepare select event settlements & sales journals.
- Complete monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with developing and maintaining standard operating procedures for accounting & procurement.
- Handle payroll processing and recording of payroll entries
- Perform analysis of accounting records; prepare event profitability statements.
- Provide financial reporting as requested by management
- Prepare, analyze and file the annual 1099 tax forms.
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Assist with audit and tax filing reporting.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Strong planning skills: Able to manage multiple projects; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks.
- Excellent relationship management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains long-term associations; helps others.
- Ability to prioritize: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 8-10 years of professional accounting experience
- Some experience in arena management industry preferred but not required.
- Four-year degree in accounting from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of SAGE INTACCT preferred.
- Excellent with use of Excel, Microsoft Office, and Outlook computer skills required.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.