Day/Event Receptionist (PT)
Trail Drive Management Corp. managing company of Dickies Arena located in Fort Worth Texas
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the home to Fort Worth Stock Show Rodeo performances.
Reports to: Guest Services Coordinator
The Day/Event Receptionist will be a primary point of contact before, during, and after events responding to guests' questions and comments over the phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Answering the arena's main telephone line
- Providing accurate venue and event-related information to callers
- Greeting persons entering venue and directing them to correct destination
- Effectively and calmly interacting with angry or emotional guests/employees
- Directing calls, taking, and relaying messages
- Ability to multi-task on a frequent and on-going basis as needed
- Use excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors, & employees
- Performing a variety of duties, without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, directing phone calls, and assisting TDMC leadership as needed
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED)
- A minimum of 1-year receptionist experience, preferably in a high energy environment
- Ability to handle heavy switchboard traffic
- Ability to work on a computer and search the web
- Ability to handle multi-task assignments
- Strong customer service skills preferred
- Must have a flexible work schedule and available to work nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English is a plus
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a telephone, and other office devices such as computers, calculators, copy machines, and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience working under pressure
- Expert knowledge in managing phone lines and high call volume
- Excellent relationship management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains associations; helps others
- Ability to prioritize: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
- Problem Solving/Analysis