As the Sr. Government Relations Manager, you will interact with legislative and regulatory action at all levels, advising executive leadership on policy impacts and solutions to DFW Airport and/or the aviation industry. You will also provide strategic expertise to airport staff and Board members related to governmental issues; and serves as a key point of contact for state and federal elected officials, as well as state and federal agencies. Under the general direction of the Executive Vice President Global Strategy & Development, you will lead the governmental affairs functions at the state, federal, and international level and will lead the strategic initiatives that shape the external environment to highlight and advance the work of the airport.
What you will be doing:
• Represent DFW Airport on policy initiatives at hearings, briefings, and meetings.
• Serve as the key contact and resource for all state and federal elected officials.
• Lead cross functional Senior Leadership through identification and development of DFW Airport and aviation issues in need of legislative remedy.
• Advise DFW Airport Executive Leadership on policy responses and engagement including Federal and State legislation, appropriations, and authorizations, and proposed or existing federal and state regulations.
• Develop advocacy strategies to ensure legislative objectives are met at the state, federal, and international levels.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, political science or related field.
• (6) years of professional-level experience in public/government/legislative affairs environment.
• Degree requirement may be substituted by increasingly responsible, professional-level experience to equal one (1) year of work experience for one (1) year of education.
What we desire:
• Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, political science or related field.
• (8) years previous experience in a government relations function in a highly regulated industry.
• Exceptional organizational, communication, interpersonal, and planning skills, including strategic planning and project management.
• High comfort-level working independently and in a cross functional, collaborative environment.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.