For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.2 billion in USD assets and serves over 200,000 members through 14 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for a Help Desk Support that will provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software and peripherals, in a primarily Microsoft Windows-based environment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
Key responsibilities for this position:
- Receive telephone calls and help desk request from users experiencing problems with computer software or hardware and respond appropriately
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required
- Handle employee inquiries about how to use specific software, hardware, electronic mail, or operating systems
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions for users
- Ensuring all incoming items are documented in the help desk system
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users
- Recommend and implements corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed for corporate headquarters and all other locations
- Prioritize and schedules problem resolution
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or approved vendors, which includes workstations, peripherals, software, phones, and user connectivity (IE: VPN, ActiveSync)
- Candidate is responsible for adherence to all Federal and State Rules and Regulations that pertain to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act and NCUA Privacy Regulations
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Advanced working knowledge of network/pc operating systems
- Working knowledge on how to use specific software, hardware, electronic mail or operating systems
- Must possess strong technical skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- PC experience with knowledge of MS Windows, Word, and Excel
- College degree preferred
- EECU will, in compliance with applicable laws, evaluate an applicant's credit history. Only applicants with a good credit history will be considered for open positions.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and benefits please visit EECU Careers.