For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $2.2 billion in USD assets and serves over 200,000 members through 14 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people,” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is looking for a Mortgage Loan Originator, Outside Sales to identify, develop, and maintain a network of outside business relationships, both existing and prospective, that will serve as a source of referrals for new mortgage loan opportunities. This includes but is not limited to, realtors, builders, financial advisors, and other personnel and professional contacts.
Key responsibilities for this position include: cross-sell other credit union products while bringing on new members, develop mortgage lending opportunities by being involved in the community, allow the opportunity to promote all mortgage products of EECU, and promote homeownership. Employee must be knowledgeable of secondary loans, including, but limited to Purchase Money/Refinance, (Conventional, FHA, VA), Home Equity, HELOC, Home Improvement, and Interim Construction loan applications, and is responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, TRID, ATR/QM, Reg Z, FCRA/FACTA, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, Flood Disaster Protection Act, and Homeowner’s Protection Act.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- 5-7 years in the Banking/Financial Industry
- 5 years in a Mortgage environment
- MLO mortgage background
- Must be able to travel in the local area to offices of potential clients to prospect for business
- Must have the analytical abilities to evaluate credit reports, title work/abstracts, appraisals, flood certificates, surveys (duplicate)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within strict time deadlines required
- Must have a clear understanding of all documentation disclosed
- Encompass Origination Software System preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college preferred
- Bi-Lingual is a PLUS but not necessary
For more information on our organization and our best in class benefits, please visit EECU Careers.