Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Operations Manager & Operations Coordinators
Supervisory responsibility: Part Time Operations Crew
Job Description: The Operations Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring timely completion of the day-to-day custodial operations within the Arena management offices and event spaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include, but not limited to the following):
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
- Routine daily cleanliness of Arena offices and event spaces including, but not limited to pulling/disposing of trash, vacuuming, and dusting in all offices and office common areas.
- Use of cleaning equipment machines, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal
- Work on special cleaning projects as assigned
- Inspect completion of all assigned tasks to make sure specifications are met
- Report discrepancies, safety, or damage or loss of property promptly to supervisor
- Inventory of building janitorial supplies to ensure properly equipped for day-to-day functions and prepared for events
- Organize all Arena Central Custodial room to be in neat, organized and working order
- Implement and enforce Trail Drive Management Corp policies and procedures
- Assist other departments including but not limited to Parking, Security, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Sales and Marketing from time to time when necessary for the benefit of specific Event or overall Operation
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in janitorial/custodial field
- Any experience and/or training in the public assembly facility management industry is a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, industry terminology, and event-related services
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of equipment
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge and use of cleaning equipment and supplies, cleaning chemicals and agents, and cleaning safety measures
- Must be able to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS), follow safety instructions and maintain safe working environment
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.