Part-Time Parking Custodian
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Part Time
Reports to: Maintenance Lead
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
The Dickies Arena Porter is a valuable member to the on-site management team. He/ She is responsible for the overall upkeep and appearance of the exterior and interior cleanliness and image of all managed parking garages and surface lots. The position consists of a variety of duties and the following qualifications must be met before consideration for employment as Porter.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs. on a regular basis.
Entry level to 6 months of general custodial/ maintenance experience.
Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job requirements.
Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or patrons sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Valid form of identification required.
Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
All applicants must successfully pass a drug and criminal background screening.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
In accordance with federal law, applicant must present appropriate documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work in the US during the hiring process.
All other duties will be assigned according to their urgency, including but not limited to the following:
- With general guidance and direction, performs routine cleaning and maintenance of all managed parking garages and surface lots including exterior grounds, building exteriors, parking spaces, drive aisles, stairwells, lobbies, walkways lots and other areas surrounding and inside the facilities.
- Remove trash from grounds, office areas, parking spaces, drive aisles, stairwells, lobbies, walkways lots and other areas surrounding and inside the facilities daily.
- Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and brush).
- May help with snow shoveling (where/when applicable) of sidewalks and other main entry areas.
- Assist in the preparation of events including removal of trash, touch up paint, and general cleaning.
- Assists with various physical tasks as directed.
- Assists with repairs, replacement and installation of fixtures.
- Helps clean and maintain storage areas.
- Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
- May perform minor interior and exterior touch up painting/caulking.
- Cleans air conditioning vents, replaces air filters, and smoke detectors.
- Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs to management.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Participates in and attends various department meetings, staff events, seminars, and other work-related events.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and Dickies Arena Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces. Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested by supervisor.
Frequent walking and monitoring of upkeep and cleanliness of grounds, restrooms, and surrounding areas of the facility.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work may vary and may not exceed 20 hours per week.