Summary: The Parking Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the parking teams for a designated shift. The Dickies Arena Parking System is comprised of a 2200 space Parking Garage and 6 surface lots with an additional 3000 parking spaces in support of Dickies Arena. Dickies Arena is within the Cultural district which also includes the Will Rogers Memorial Complex and several Museums. The Parking supervisor will assist in ensuring that the parking operations are efficient and profitable and maintain the highest standards for servicing clients and customers with professionalism.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to):
- Greet and guide all guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Respond to guest concerns respectfully and calmly.
- Responsible for the daily financial reporting across all parking lots and reconciliation of all parking revenue.
- Assist in the preparation of a bi-weekly schedule under supervision of the Assistant Parking Manager.
- Resolve immediate staffing issues by reassigning cashiers and lot attendants based on the best interest of the operation and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for conducting audits of cashiers.
- Responsible for supervision of team leads, cashiers, valet parkers, janitorial staff, and lot attendants.
- Responsible for coordinating cleaning and repairs with janitorial and maintenance staff.
- Ability to perform all cashier, team lead, valet parker, and lot attendant duties if needed.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve issues with parking equipment and hand-held devices.
- Ability to assist in the placement of signs, barricades, cones, and other traffic control equipment.
- Follow system of checks and balances to ensure accuracy of reporting for reconciling cash.
- Report unattended bags and packages, medical situations, incidents or emergencies (immediately to command center) for the designated shift assigned.
- Maintain a positive, outgoing demeanor adhering to the core expectations of our guest services team.
- Ensure staff take their appropriate breaks without affecting coverage.
- Supervise staff to ensure staff follow policies and procedures.
- Resolve guest issues and complaints by providing the ultimate guest experience.
- Ensure guests are exiting the parking lot safely.
- Ensure that proper traffic flow is maintained for the operation.
- Give adequate directions to guests in a professional manner.
- Resolve parking lot disputes that occur between guests.
- Assist the Parking Management team as required/assigned.
- Ensure deployment of crew is well thought out according to position, experience, security knowledge, work ethic, and attitude.
- Walk posts with the management team to ensure accuracy of coverage.
- Perform specific tasks assigned by Assistant Parking Manager or Parking Services Manager.
- Attend and participate in daily briefing with the management team.
- Ability to multi-task in difficult situations and still meet important daily operating deadlines.
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching, and development.
- Recognize and promote the Dickies Difference program.
- Monitor two-way radio traffic.
- Responsible for assisting and participating in area emergency, evacuation plan, and evacuation drills.
- Possess a high level of area knowledge and the operations associated within the area assigned.
- Previous parking and customer service-related experience.
- Punctual and presentable shift attendance, neatly groomed in a clean, well-maintained uniform.
- Available to work for the full duration of events at Dickies Arena.
- Must be able to work 12+ hour shifts and be available days, nights, and weekends. This includes occasionally working over-night hours during certain large events.
- Willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions and able to stand for extended periods.
- Personable and proactive team player with excellent communication skills.
- Remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment as well as during stressful situations.
- Previous supervisor experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as driving of golf carts and other vehicles are essential to the operation.
- Basic computer skills required, including excel and word.
- Valet Parking experience preferred.
- Bilingual (preferred).
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients including: greeting, directing clients verbally and with visual cues towards parking locations. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
The duties of this position are performed primarily outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee will be regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.