The teller position receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in NBT’s various transactions. This position meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Banker Functions:
- Interview potential customer, explain services available and disclosures, identification of customer, set up accounts desired, obtain supporting documents, perform Chex-systems and OFAC inquiries.
- Sell and redeem Certificates of Deposit. Explain types of CD’s and maturities, rates, penalties, make GL entries and retrieve or place CD’s held in safekeeping vault.
- Take application for new debit card, issue customer debit card, hot card lost and stolen cards, perform input on terminal, check maintenance report and deal directly with customers on any card problems.
- Order customer checks, deposit tickets or endorsement stamps. Verify account and address, order on line, print confirmation and file. If shipped to bank, contact customer when checks arrive.
- Deal directly with customer and check printing company on any errors or checks not received and make refunds if necessary.
- Scan documents into Synergy capture, pull existing files to accompany new documents if existing customer. Maintain scanned documents for 90 days. Must be able to access filing cabinet drawers on the floor.
- Process new accounts, IRA’s and CD’s, debit cards, gift cards, E-Banking, Mobile Banking and perform all maintenance at CIF and account level.
- Scan/delete signature card for Teller System verification.
- Complete new account documentation through E-sign. Work new account exception reports for missing and incomplete documentation for all locations.
- Index and review scanned documents from your locations into Synergy batch capture.
- Obtain supervisor or officer approval and signatures on various documents.
- Accompany officer to vault to obtain safekeeping items.
- Provide E-Banking, Mobile Banking customer setup and support.
- Work monthly reports.
- Lease safe deposit boxes, grant customers access to their box and close out safe deposit boxes.
- Review ODP products with customers at account opening and obtain applicable forms.
- Maintain knowledge and ability to perform teller duties as required.
Paying and Receiving functions:
- Access computer, accept customer deposit, receipt transaction on computer and verify currency; cash checks, savings withdrawals and make cash advances on M/C - Visa with proper identification; accept loan payments and safe deposit box payments and issue Cashier’s Checks; redemption of savings bonds; scanning all transactions as required.
- Count and verify all currency and coin and record totals on the computer. Secure currency and coin. Maintain limit set by NBT for cash drawer. Use combination coin vault and sub vaults for access to coin and currency.
- Obtain Officer approval on large items cashed or deposited as per policy. When necessary, present item to Officer for approval. Take actions based upon instructions from Officer.
- Verify information from customer and type document as needed. Document types are: Cashier Checks, bond redemption, cash advance for M/C - Visa, account analysis forms, customer deposit slips, savings withdrawals and deposits slips, Work with Person information on computer for CTR completion and hold notices for funds availability.
- Operate the coin sorter and coin wrapper. Lift and carry large bags of coin. Place coin in vault or in the coin machines.
- Assist other tellers and supervisors as needed.
- Open night deposit vault (dual control).
- Open drive in facility according to procedure.
- Open and Balance ATM depository vault (dual control).
- Close drive-in according to procedure.
- Maintain control over teller supplies (record and keep stocked).
- Record mail deposits and night deposits under dual control.
- Work all areas of Teller Department as needed for Saturday schedule, absences or cross training.
- Accept customer deposits
- Cash checks and savings withdrawals
- Accept loan payments
- Maintain cash drawer and coin vault
- Buy and sell money to and from the vault
- Answer customer inquiries on accounts
- Sell Cashier's Checks
- Redeem savings bonds
- Handle all functions related to cash
This position operates in a professional environment in the branch bank lobby and behind teller line. This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, calculator, scanner, coin sorter, currency counter, drive-in equipment, ATM, vaults (main and coin), copier, telephone, computers and printers.
- All paying and receiving teller functions
- Prepare and process incoming and outgoing collection items
- Maintain collection records for auditing procedures
- Remit payments for incoming collection items
- Responsible for crediting customer for outgoing collection items
- Responsible for monthly collection reports
- Remit M/C-Visa cash advances daily
- Track collection forms and supplies
- Give timely notification to supervisor for re-orders
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be able to work with confidential information.
- Ability to speak read and write in English clearly enough to communicate and interact with customers and bank staff.
- Must be flexible to deal with conflicting demands on time by customers, officers and employees, daily work, and telephone calls.
- Must be systematic and organized in order to effectively perform the variety of tasks the position requires.
- Must be a loyal team worker; one who is willing to help others, both within the department and in other departments.
- Must have a pleasant demeanor and effective communications in working with officers and employees, the public, and vendors.
- Must be dependable in both attendance and punctuality.
- Must be willing to take initiative to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities.
- Must quickly grasp the concepts that are foundational to effectively function in this position.
- Good retention capacity.
- Ability to see how a given function affects and fits into the overall objectives of the bank.
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be willing to work overtime when management deems necessary.
- Must have the ability to make judgments within the scope of authority
- Bilingual is a highly preferred skill.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to run 10-key accurately
- Computer skills – basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- General banking knowledge preferred
- Previous Teller experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
National Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
A disabled individual requiring reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to a disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (817-752-2303).
All offers for employment with National Bank of Texas are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. National Bank of Texas will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
The National Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If interested please email resume to email@example.com.
- The employee will frequently sit or stand for extended periods of time and must be able to remain in a stationary position.
- The employee will frequently move about inside the office setting to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
- The employee will frequently communicate and interact with bank staff and customers and must be able to exchange accurate information.
- The employee will occasionally be required to move bank/office equipment weighing up to 30 pounds across premises.