Event Security Guard (Part Time)
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Event Security Supervisor
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
The Event Security Guard will be responsible for checking all bags entering the arena for prohibited items, will operate a walkthrough magnetometer and/or handheld magnetometer to screen guests, employees, and contractors entering the arena, and will overall assist in providing a safe environment at Dickies Arena. Responsibilities include verifying credentials to control access to restricted areas and observe/investigate all suspicious activity, customer complaints and emergencies with the highest level of professionalism.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Respond immediately to potential problems such as fighting, disorderly conduct, excessive use of alcohol, smoking, and abusive language.
- Keep Event Security Supervisor briefed on all accidents or incidents that occur.
- Write reports on all, if any, accidents or potential problems that shall occur within the arena.
- Walk premises to ensure building is secure.
- Monitor assigned sections or Parking Lots for guest or safety issues.
- Assist with post-event activities such as clearing the seating area, concourses and plaza.
- Additional duties may be assigned by a supervisor.
- Adhere to Trail Drive Management Corporation (TDMC) Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside Dickies Arena.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- There will be an expected minimum number of events worked.
In accordance with federal law, applicant must present appropriate documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work in the US during the hiring process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to be registered with the Texas Commission of Private Security.
- Must be able to follow proper radio etiquette.
- Must be able to be trained to operate a Walkthrough and Handheld Magnetometer Wand.
- Previous security experience strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and remain calm during times of stress.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds as necessary.
- Must be physically able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, along with navigating through ramps and stairways during each shift.