Thank you for your interest in employment with MHMR of Tarrant County! This position requires provider credentialing and payer enrollment as a condition of employment. In addition to our employment application, we recommend that you complete a Credentialing Application packet.
Please complete only one credentialing packet. It is not necessary to complete a separate credentialing packet for each position to which you apply.
Please follow the link to complete the credentialing application: https://www.mhmrtarrant.org/Jobs/Credentialing
Please complete either the licensed provider credentialing application (TSCA) or the Non-licensed provider credentialing application as appropriate for the position to which you have applied.
I) Job Purpose
To serve as a mental health and substance use resource for school districts located in the Region 11 Educational Service Center. Position will work in collaboration with other LMHA’s including Denton County, Helen Farabee, Pecan Valley, and Texoma. The mental health professional will act as a resource for the service center and school district personnel by helping personnel gain awareness and better understanding of mental health and substance use disorders, helping personnel implement related initiatives, ensuring personnel are aware of best practices and available programs, and facilitating monthly training on mental health first aid, effects of grief and trauma including support for children with intellectual or developmental disabilities, and drug/alcohol prevention and intervention programs. Provides services for youth and caregivers in a manner that is individualized, trauma-informed, culturally, and linguistically competent.
II) Essential Functions
A) Increase ESC and school personnel’s awareness and understanding of mental health and co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
B) Build collaborative relationships with Region 11 district personnel and participating LMHA personnel
C) Assist personnel in the implementation of initiatives related to mental health or substance use
D) Ensure Region 11 district personnel are aware of identified best-practice programs and research based practices
E) Ensure Region 11 district personnel are aware of other public and private mental health and substance use programs
F) Facilitate Mental Health First Aid trainings
G) Facilitate trainings regarding:
1) The impact of grief and trauma
2) Special considerations in supporting children with intellectual or developmental disabilities who are impacted by grief or trauma
3) Prevention and intervention programs proven effective in helping students cope with pressures to:
4) Use alcohol, cigarettes or illicit drugs; or
5) Misuse prescription drugs
H) Thoroughly follows all agency and HHSC guidelines, policy and procedures in accordance with service delivery
I) Tracks and records activities and training and attendance
J) Complete and submit required reports per MHMR and HHSC in a timely manner
K) Persistently maintain a culturally competent and culturally sensitive environment in work locations for all youth and caregiver engagement at all times. Staff member is expected to behave in a culturally sensitive manner in all professional environments, regardless of location.
L) Work as a Member of Behavioral Health Team
1) Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
2) Provide input and engage in problem solving with other team members.
3) Serve on provider services/agency workgroups as agreed upon by Director.
4) Maintain positive, professional attitude in interactions with other team members 100% of the time.
5) Adopt trauma-informed practices into every level of operations and encounters through active involvement in the MHMR Tarrant Trauma-Informed Care transformation.
M) Complete and maintain all required training
1) Complete all agency-required training within first 60 days of hire.
2) Complete all required MHMR Tarrant training and maintain current training status.
3) Complete all required program-specific and role-specific training and maintain current training status.
4) Complete training updates as specified under agency procedures and maintains current status.
5) Obtain prior authorization from Director for special training at least two weeks in advance
N) Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values
1) We Connect People in Our Community.
2) We Provide Access to Services.
3) We Link People to Resources.
4) We Empower People.
O) Exhibit a willingness to assume additional duties
1) Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
2) Seek the guidance of Director or appointed expert when needing assistance with an unfamiliar assignment.
3) Proactively identify beneficial resources and trainings to enhance leadership abilities and personal growth.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
This position requires extensive internal and external contacts with individuals served, family members, significant others, inter- and intra-agency staff, service providers, and practitioners. The employee will accomplish this with exceptional written and verbal skills. Contacts may include, but not limited to, answering phone calls and emails within one business day and conducting self professionally in all interactions.
This position requires transporting clients and driving between locations as an essential function of work. Employees are required to have a license in good standing and be able to be covered by agency liability insurance. If personal vehicle is utilized for work travel, then maintaining personal auto insurance coverage is required.
Master’s degree or higher
Behavioral Health or Psychiatric Nursing
Bilingual – Spanish fluency; Two years, post-license experience in working with children and/or adolescents in a school setting preferred
Required Years’ Experience
None required (see preferences)
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) All 3
Our total rewards program offers benefits* to full time employees beginning 1st of the month following hire date including but not limited to:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• Life insurance and additional supplemental accident and hospitalization plans
• 401a match and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Paid vacation and holidays; varied flexible work environment locations
• Annual tuition reimbursement program
• Student Loan Forgiveness
• Professional development programs and training
• And more…..
• Full time employees begin 1st of the month following hire date
• Market driven positions (full time or part time) begin immediately after hire date
• Select part time market driven positions are eligible for most insurance plans
• Substitute status jobs are not eligible for benefits
For more information, click here.
*MHMR of Tarrant County (“MHMR”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries have an internal recruiting department. MHMR may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters herein after referred to collectively as “Recruiters"). Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact MHMR employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – MHMR recruiting team or other authorized MHMR personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers. For more information please visit our website www.mhmrtc.org