Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Non-exempt Full-Time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Reports to: Director of HR & Payroll
The Payroll Manager, under managerial direction, processes and interprets the payroll and benefit programs of the organization and performs related functions; performs other related work as required. The Payroll Manager is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day payroll administration, personnel recordkeeping, and assisting with all benefits administration. This position works closely with the Finance/Accounting teams in the coordination of consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department. In-person and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Files required annual reports and requests payment for monthly billings for employee benefits assigned.
- Responsible for processing multiple payrolls across the organization.
- Stay up to date on new requirements and regulations; advise management on needed actions.
- Day-to-day administration, compliance and communication of health & welfare, retirement and compensation plans in accordance with company policies, philosophies, and strategies.
- Ensures complete confidentiality and security of personal employee information, including enrollment and compensation information, etc.
- Assist HR Director with group benefits program administration for all TDMC employees.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Support all business initiatives which require support from HR & Payroll.
- Process all wage garnishments, deductions, retro checks, and payments for all employees.
- Prepare all payroll adjustments and audits.
- Onboard all new employees into the HRIS.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications in a timely manner.
- Participate in TDMC meetings and events as required and appropriate.
- Promote a unified, team-oriented atmosphere in all communications and actions.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and delivers excellent customer service internally/externally.
- Review federal and state tax reports in a timely fashion.
- Organize, manage, coordinate, and direct the operations and functions of personnel recordkeeping.
- Serve as contact for inquiries and issues related to payroll and benefits.
- Provide monthly information to employees and managers on payroll matters and benefit plans.
- Assist with administration of benefit plans, including medical, life, dental, vision, etc.
- Assist with facilitating annual benefit open enrollment.
- Maintain benefits records by initiating new hire benefits, processing changes, and reconciling benefits accounts by reviewing billing statements.
- Assist with operations of the 401k retirement plan by working closely with the third-party administrator and record keeper to ensure accurate administration of the plan. Work closely with investment advisor and auditors when needed.
- Assist with short term disability, long term disability, and unemployment administration.
- Assist with FMLA and ADA administration.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Maintain summary plan description records and associated forms, documents and communications.
- Assist HR Director in completion of annual 401(k) Audit and assist with annual compliance filings as needed
- Process and track monthly benefit invoices sent to Accounting team for payment.
- Process life insurance claims and assist beneficiaries in claims process as needed.
- Assist in Open Enrollment Process including system testing, communications preparation and site education as needed.
- Maintain subsidy logs for COBRA. Audit quarterly COBRA enrollment.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary with some nights, weekends and holidays required.
- Required: minimum of Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years payroll experience.
- Must be APA certified.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong process and procedure knowledge for continuous process improvements.
- Demonstrated drive for excellence in operational support and customer service.
- Effectively deal with deadlines and pressure situations.
- Handle information in a confidential manner.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working well with others.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and maximum accountability.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Represent the Agency in a wide variety of capacities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Trail Drive Management Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.