Recruitment, Retention & Training Specialist
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Non-exempt Full-Time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Reports to: Customer Experience Manager
The Recruitment, Retention & Training Specialist will drive all aspects of the employee life cycle from interest to exit while strengthening and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion as pilars of our organizational operations. The Recruitment, Retention & Training Specialist will build relationships and rapport with community partners to represent TDMC and source the talent needed to operate Dickies Arena. This position works closely with Management teams in the coordination of consistent and effective communication and application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes, and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary with some nights, weekends and holidays required.
- Lead recruitment efforts to include the coordination and presence at job fairs both on and off site from start to finish
- Assist with all aspects of staffing from hiring to onboarding to termination of employees
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with management teams across the organization to better understand the onboarding and training processes
- Develop, execute, and recap in person company trainings as well as assist with training content
- Build strong professional but personable relationships with all staff by being present during shifts
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements
- Work with Customer Experience Manager to establish ongoing measurables for tracking progress against strategic DEI initiatives and ongoing recruitment initiatives
- Provide presentations of employee experiences to management
- Promote and educate staff on incentive programs
- Stay up to date on new hiring laws and practices
- Support all business initiatives which require support from HR & Payroll
- Participate in TDMC meetings and events as required and appropriate
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
- Promote a unified, team-oriented atmosphere in all communications and actions
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and delivers excellent customer service internally/externally
- Assist with organizing, managing, and coordinating the functions of personnel recordkeeping
- Provide monthly/quarterly information to employees and managers on Human Resources news and updates
- Assist in the coordination of onboarding of new employees through our applicant tracking system, and through all in person orientations
- Drive all talent efforts through sourcing, career fairs, and networking while representing the organization in a professional manner
- Assist in the coordination of college recruitment initiatives and maintain the college recruitment calendar
- Assist in the internship program, getting talent, coordinating schedules, and follow up on the intern experience
- Maintain accurate data in both the HRIS and Recruiting/Onboarding software and other resources.
- Assist in maintenance of employee personnel files
- Support and participate in employee engagement and recognition initiatives. Participate and educate staff on employment opportunities, benefits, perks, etc.
- Provide day-to-day administrative and procedural support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Baccalaureate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least two (2) years Recruitment experience, talent development or similar role.
- Ability to learn to leverage various social media for talent sourcing
- Strong inclination for responsiveness and customer service during correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, and other computer skills required
- Strong organizational skills to include the ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple tasks simultaneously required
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong teamwork aptitude required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays when needed and based on event needs
- Strong process and procedure knowledge for continuous process improvements.
- Effectively deal with deadlines and pressure situations.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and maximum accountability.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Represent the Agency in a wide variety of capacities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Trail Drive Management Corp. (TDMC) prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Graduate degree in Human Resources or equivalent field
- Recruitment/Talent Sourcing Certification
- Experience using Clear Company Applicant Tracking System
- Experience using NOVATime Time & Attendance System
- Experience using 1Huddle