Saddleback's goal is this: To love people around the world by making excessively high-quality leather designs.
We’re looking to add you as the newest member of our Internship Program!
What’s in it for you? Our interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of our marketing team and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
• Design and layout a wide variety of marketing content including web banners, social media posts, marketing content, and photography edits.
• Design and illustrate graphic materials including logos, signage and website images
• Assist with photo editing and manipulation of graphics for sponsor mockups and marketing presentations
• Preparing files for proofs, print and final outputs.
• Assist with preparation of projects including finding useable photos, scanning and photography.
• Student, recent grad, or related experience.
• Availability: 10-20 hours a week.
• Candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, and Lightroom.
• Innovative design skills and creativity.
• Knowledge including resolution, sizes and file types.
• Understanding of photography and an eye for photos that will convey necessary messages for design goals within brand constraints.
• Highly organized, motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task under the pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to take design direction and feedback.
• Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading abilities are preferred.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
• All interns are paired with a teammate dedicated to making your time with us amazing.
• In-person mentoring and coaching.
• A possible full-time position.
• All interns are paid hourly.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours and weekends as necessary. Availability for meetings and support during regular business hours.
BEHAVIORS THAT YOU MUST HAVE BECAUSE WE CAN’T TEACH THEM TO YOU
• Warmth and Humor: The ability to interact with team members and partners in friendly way.
• Verbal Communication: The ability to quickly assess the needs and communication style of a partner and speak to them in their “language.”
• Written Communication: An expert ability to use templates to personalize, matching your persona and the personality needs of each individual situation. The ability to convey warmth and tone through the written word. The ability to accurately and precisely convey the message the client needs to hear/see so there is no misunderstanding about what happens next.
• Problem Solving: The ability to look beyond the obvious and determine what things at a macro and micro level need to be addressed, fixed, changed or enhanced. This includes quickly finding solutions to basic problems with ease.
• Accountability: The ability to accept responsibility for what is yours, whether it is a heroic win or a mistake. The determination to find solutions rather than pointing blame at others. The ability to accept constructive feedback for improvement and positive feedback for recognition. The ability to do something you don’t like doing -- but is in the best interest of the client and company -- without complaining about it.
• Making others better. The giftedness to inspire your team to its highest level and create an environment where they thrive and perform to their maximum capability. Intimately know your team member’s unique individual personal style, passions, and proficiencies.
• Results Focus: The eagerness and drive to get things done without frequent reminders. Initiative.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to achieve a high level of accuracy regarding client data, communications, etc.
• High Integrity: The desire to do the right moral, ethical and honest thing especially when no one else is looking. Exhibit high character always, both in good and hard/stressful times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Changes to duties and responsibilities, as well as changes to this job may be made at any time at the discretion of management. Saddleback Leather Company is an “at-will” employer; this job description is not a guarantee of continued employment. Saddleback Leather Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, physical or mental limitation, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin, marital status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.