At Saddleback Leather Co., we attribute much of our success to the strength of our marketing division. To build on this momentum, we’re searching for a highly qualified Marketing Coordinator to work closely with them. From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company and client goals. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The marketing coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
The goal of marketing is to raise the kind of awareness that can drive sales for a company, service, or product. The goal of the Marketing Coordinator is to develop and execute the plans and strategies to accomplish that. Serving as the marketing manager’s right hand, a marketing coordinator stays informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. Day to day, he or she may draft reports, create, or coordinate content, track results, build relationships with sales teams, and otherwise support all marketing strategies. Often, he or she acts as the intermediary between creative and account teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Proven work experience as a Marketing Coordinator
• Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g., repeat attendance at events)
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Hands on experience with marketing and campaign management for brands
• Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
• Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Outstanding Communication Skills
• Ability to translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer
• Managing a variety of personalities and customer challenges
• Willingness to work from alternate locations when needed
• Willingness to travel for shows, expos or company meetings
- Markets products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Tracks sales data, maintains promotional materials inventory, plans meetings and trade shows, maintains databases, and prepares report.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; and updating calendars.
- Tracks product line sales and costs by analyzing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, and new product information.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists.
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
BEHAVIORS THAT YOU MUST HAVE BECAUSE WE CAN’T TEACH THEM TO YOU
• Warmth and Humor: The ability to interact with team members and partners in friendly way.
• Verbal Communication: The ability to quickly assess the needs and communication style of a partner and speak to them in their “language.”
• Written Communication: An expert ability to use templates to personalize, matching your persona and the personality needs of each individual situation. The ability to convey warmth and tone through the written word. The ability to accurately and precisely convey the message the client needs to hear/see so there is no misunderstanding about what happens next.
• Problem Solving: The ability to look beyond the obvious and determine what things at a macro and micro level need to be addressed, fixed, changed, or enhanced. This includes quickly finding solutions to basic problems with ease and with minimal guidance from management – i.e., “self-directed”
• Accountability: The ability to accept responsibility for what is yours, whether it is a heroic win or a mistake. The determination to find solutions rather than pointing blame at others. The ability to accept constructive feedback for improvement and positive feedback for recognition. The ability to do something you don’t like doing -- but is in the best interest of the client and company -- without complaining about it.
• Making others better. The giftedness to inspire your team to its highest level and create an environment where they thrive and perform to their maximum capability. Intimately know your team member’s unique individual personal style, passions, and proficiencies.
• Results Focus: The eagerness and drive to get things done without frequent reminders. Initiative.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to achieve a high level of accuracy regarding client data, communications, etc.
• High Integrity: The desire to do the right moral, ethical and honest thing especially when no one else is looking. Exhibit high character always, both in good and hard/stressful times.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours and weekends as necessary. Availability for meetings and support during regular business hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Changes to duties and responsibilities, as well as changes to this job may be made at any time at the discretion of
management. Saddleback Leather Company is an “at-will” employer; this job description is not a guarantee of continued employment. Saddleback Leather Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, physical or mental limitation, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin, marital status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Match