Our growing retail and commercial business efforts seek an experienced, self-motivated Social Media Community Manager to generate content and work with accounts to help them find the best way to present themselves online for their products and/or services. We’re looking for a professional who can quickly absorb and retain product and technical knowledge. The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training for two weeks, then take over management of their own schedule and accounts.
On average, a Social Media Community Manager can manage 10-15 accounts and scheduling their generated content. Setting up of social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies will be important in this role. This person will also be responsible for being on team calls as well as working closely with the Design Department to Generate any Media that will be needed in things such as blogs, articles, images videos, product/service features, deals/ sales / campaign, announcements, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
• Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
• Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
• Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
• Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
• Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
• Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
• Stay up to date with digital technology trends
• Proven work experience as a community manager
• Experience launching community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
• Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g., repeat attendance at events)
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Hands on experience with social media management for brands
• Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
• Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Outstanding Communication Skills
• 2+ years’ direct or inside sales experience
• 4+ years’ retail experience a plus
• Ability to translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer
• Managing a variety of personalities and customer challenges
• Willingness to work from alternate locations when needed
• Willingness to travel for shows, expos or company meetings
BEHAVIORS THAT YOU MUST HAVE BECAUSE WE CAN’T TEACH THEM TO YOU
• Warmth and Humor: The ability to interact with team members and partners in friendly way.
• Verbal Communication: The ability to quickly assess the needs and communication style of a partner and speak to them in their “language.”
• Written Communication: An expert ability to use templates to personalize, matching your persona and the personality needs of each individual situation. The ability to convey warmth and tone through the written word. The ability to accurately and precisely convey the message the client needs to hear/see so there is no misunderstanding about what happens next.
• Problem Solving: The ability to look beyond the obvious and determine what things at a macro and micro level need to be addressed, fixed, changed or enhanced. This includes quickly finding solutions to basic problems with ease and with minimal guidance from management – i.e. “self-directed”
• Accountability: The ability to accept responsibility for what is yours, whether it is a heroic win or a mistake. The determination to find solutions rather than pointing blame at others. The ability to accept constructive feedback for improvement and positive feedback for recognition. The ability to do something you don’t like doing -- but is in the best interest of the client and company -- without complaining about it.
• Making others better. The giftedness to inspire your team to its highest level and create an environment where they thrive and perform to their maximum capability. Intimately know your team member’s unique individual personal style, passions, and proficiencies.
• Results Focus: The eagerness and drive to get things done without frequent reminders. Initiative.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to achieve a high level of accuracy in regard to client data, communications, etc.
• High Integrity: The desire to do the right moral, ethical and honest thing especially when no one else is looking. Exhibit high character always, both in good and hard/stressful times.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours and weekends as necessary. Availability for meetings and support during regular business hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Changes to duties and responsibilities, as well as changes to this job may be made at any time at the discretion of
management. Saddleback Leather Company is an “at-will” employer; this job description is not a guarantee of continued employment. Saddleback Leather Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, physical or mental limitation, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin, marital status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Match