The American Airlines CR Smith Museum is seeking an energetic and dynamic sales associate to work part-time, a mix of weekday and weekend days, in one of the most unique attractions in DFW. After training, the Sales Associate will work independently in the Store to serve customers who are purchasing Museum admissions, merchandise and related Museum transactions.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting admissions and Store sales and other cash register transactions.
- Answering questions about the Museum to the visiting public.
- Becoming familiar with Store merchandise and helping Store customers.
- Receiving, labeling and displaying inventory and products in the Store.
- Performing general housekeeping chores, straightening stock on shelves, dusting and cleaning of display cases, etc.
Must love working with children and teens. Must have an engaging and dynamic personality with a passion for retail and/or aviation. Must have good communication skills and show patience and empathy in all interactions with Museum guests. Good listening skills, autonomy, and leadership qualities strongly desired. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, may have to lift less than 50 pounds. Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must be available Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (12h/week)
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
- Two years retail experience and knowledge of Point-Of-Sale / Inventory procedures (preferred, but not essential).
- Excellent communications skills, professional demeanor and customer-oriented approach.
- Basic computer skills.