The Saddleback Showroom Sales Representative position reports to the Sales Director and is responsible for creating outstanding, long-term, positive relationships between Saddleback, Love 41, Business Partners and their customers. This position will be a part of a highly collaborative, fast paced, dynamic and hardworking team and is responsible for hitting sales quotas while growing the sales department. This person needs to be high-energy and highly motivated, as well as able to manage multiple tasks effectively. This position requires a unique combination of being able to close sales as well as cultivate long-term relationships with our Saddleback “family”. The Showroom Sales Representative has frequent contact with customers, regular contact with Saddleback, Love 41, and Business Partners and team members inside and outside the Sales Department, and some contact with vendors.
• Create a one-of-a-kind experience for all customer interactions in person as well as by email.
• Proactively interact to ensure all questions are answered and all problems resolved in an accurate and timely manner with excellent results.
• Competently use all systems and equipment necessary for customer care.
• Maintain a familiarity with the Saddleback and Love 41 product lines.
• Ensure that the Showroom is regularly “recovered” for merchandising, inventory, and esthetics.
• Confirm daily “Will Call” orders are prepared and ready for pickup. Email customers when their orders are ready; follow-up if the order isn’t picked up within 5 business days.
• Various other “admin” type functions such as YATPO and backing up social interactions.
• Coordinate with Shipping/Inventory regarding Out-of-Stock Orders and notifying customers of status.
• Responsible for maintaining Showroom employee schedules to ensure continuous coverage.
• Must be on-site Monday through Friday 9:30am-4:30pm.
• Keeps track of signed Showroom Pick up slips and verifies Closed status of Showroom orders.
• Record and document customer information as needed.
• Process sales and returns.
• Track showroom sales, what sells, what doesn't, which items are most frequently requested, sales trends, etc. and provide feedback to marketing to help with strategies to increase foot traffic.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Outstanding Communication Skills.
• 2+ years’ direct or inside sales experience.
• 4+ years’ retail experience a plus.
• Ability to translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer.
• Managing a variety of personalities and customer challenges.
BEHAVIORS THAT YOU MUST HAVE BECAUSE WE CAN’T TEACH THEM TO YOU
• Warmth and Humor: The ability to interact with team members and partners in friendly way.
• Verbal Communication: The ability to quickly assess the needs and communication style of a partner and speak to them in their “language.”
• Written Communication: An expert ability to use templates to personalize, matching your persona and the personality needs of each individual situation. The ability to convey warmth and tone through the written word. The ability to accurately and precisely convey the message the client needs to hear/see so there is no misunderstanding about what happens next.
• Problem Solving: The ability to look beyond the obvious and determine what things at a macro and micro level need to be addressed, fixed, changed or enhanced. This includes quickly finding solutions to basic problems with ease and with minimal guidance from management – i.e., “self-directed”
• Accountability: The ability to accept responsibility for what is yours, whether it is a heroic win or a mistake. The determination to find solutions rather than pointing blame at others. The ability to accept constructive feedback for improvement and positive feedback for recognition. The ability to do something you don’t like doing -- but is in the best interest of the client and company -- without complaining about it.
• Making others better. The giftedness to inspire your team to its highest level and create an environment where they thrive and perform to their maximum capability. Intimately know your team member’s unique individual personal style, passions, and proficiencies.
• Results Focus: The eagerness and drive to get things done without frequent reminders. Initiative.
• Detail Orientation: The ability to achieve a high level of accuracy in regard to client data, communications, etc.
• High Integrity: The desire to do the right moral, ethical and honest thing especially when no one else is looking. Exhibit high character always, both in good and hard/stressful times.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours and weekends as necessary. Availability for meetings and support during regular business hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Changes to duties and responsibilities, as well as changes to this job may be made at any time at the discretion of management. Saddleback Leather Company is an “at-will” employer; this job description is not a guarantee of continued employment. Saddleback Leather Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, physical or mental limitation, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin, marital status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Base + commission
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401(k) Match