Box Office Coordinator
Trail Drive Management Corp. managing company of Dickies Arena located in Fort Worth Texas
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Under supervision of the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for enhancing relationships with all customer groups through quality, performance and service, as well as servicing both internal and external customers with heavy emphasis on prioritization, organization and fulfillment in all aspects of ticketing. This position assists with all day-to-day ticket operations activities for Dickies Arena. This role requires a flexible schedule and availability on nights and weekends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Facilitates daily ticket sales for Dickies Arena.
- Builds & maintains files on each event that include production kills, held seats, complimentary tickets, event audits, customer database and follows up with orders, etc.
- Creates vouchers, coupons and passes and other ticket related items.
- Schedules the work of Part-Time Box Office event staff.
- Provides the highest level of customer service and assures all customer issues are dealt with in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintains daily ticket office accounting records, balance and deposits all ticket monies daily. Including but not limited to the Daily Box Office report, daily accounting reports, promoters event audits, etc.
- Understands and complies with all company and legislative requirements. Reliable and ethical in all matters of decision making.
- Prepares and interprets event sales statement, and other related reports.
- Assists with event settlements by monitoring and reconciling unpaid or unbalanced accounts.
- Assists marketing and premium seating departments to assure fulfillment of promotions and premium seating ticket orders.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal staff.
- Monitors events on a consistent basis through the life of the event to ensure tickets are selling correctly, holds remain in place and inventory is controlled.
- Performs opening & closing procedures: verifies daily cash reports, balances ticket sellers at close of shifts.
- Prepare cash banks and daily deposits.
- Investigates questions and problems related to ticket sales and develops solutions for the general public, event promoters, ticket office personnel and management.
- Monitors change needs for the department and orders change as needed for events.
- Communicates accurate event information to all departments
- Performs related duties as required.
Exercises general supervision over part-time box office ticket staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- General knowledge of Ticketmaster or previous Box Office experience required
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong customer service focus; a demonstrated commitment to catering to the customer.
- Skilled in computers and programs in the MS Suite of products
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to create, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and respond to complaints from customers.
- Ability to work with, motivate, support and involve employees in accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to coordinate ticket office procedures with other staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to safely and accurately handle and account for large sums of money.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with courtesy and tact when dealing with the public and promoters.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with staff, event promoters and the general public.
- Must possess valid Texas driver’s license.
- In accordance with federal law, applicant must present appropriate documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work in the US during the hiring process.