EECU is looking for a Director of Emerging Payments and Credit Card Services located in Downtown Fort Worth. This role is responsible for optimizing efficiency and profitability for the Card Services department, while being proactive in recognizing and articulating opportunities to establish competitive differentiation across payment channels and card products. This position will be eligible for a $1500.00 Sign-on Bonus.
Programs in the department include Credit Union’s Mastercard Debit/Credit Card program operations and delivery, Rewards, Emerging Payments, the ITM/ ATM fleet including procedures, equipment, and maintenance while driving continuous improvement across all payment channels. Responsible for managing vendor relationships with card networks and card processing partners.
In this role, the Director of Card Services and Emerging Payments, is responsible to work with the VP of Payments to lead, oversee and direct payments strategy. This includes monitoring and analyzing competitive market trends within the payment space and collaborate with the Senior Management Team to shape the payments strategic roadmap.
- Remain current on the competitive landscape, from product offerings to market behaviors, pricing momentum, technology and overall portfolio viability.
- Develop strategies, policies, plans and budgets that support the Credit Union's business objectives.
- Develops procedures and reporting tools for effective information and decision making; in tandem with the VP of Payment System
- Collaborate with the Audit department to ensure information is provided for internal / external audits, regulatory monitoring and required reporting.
- Provide leadership to the department and establishes programs to support and mentor. In collaboration with HR on hiring, coaching, performance management and disciplinary.
- Analyze current payment systems, products and procedures considering emerging technologies and recommend new systems or procedures to improve member experiences'.
- Manage vendor relationships, business partners and service providers to assure their performance meets the Credit Union service e
- Responsible for compliance of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Bank Bribery Act, NCUA privacy regulations, Reg B, Reg Z, Reg DD, Reg E, Reg CC, Service Members Civil Relief, and FCRA/FACTA. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training.
The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the financial industry, 3 years' leadership experience preferred in payment systems / card services.
- Successfully drive projects and processes in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Proven people management and development skills; adept at providing frequent and valuable performance feedback to further develop employees.
- First hand experience with financial software payment applications: Person to Person Transfers, Mobile deposits, Domestic / International Wires core operating systems, ATM/ PTM software and hardware and the Federal Reserve networks.
- Experience with MasterCard/Visa Networks, payment rails and P2P payments.
- Experience in analyzing and leveraging payment channel data.
- Ability to review and analyze profitability and product performance.
- College degree in Business or related field.
- Excellent communicator both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and our best in class benefits please visit EECU Careers at www.eecu.org/careers.