Police Officer Pool
2023-2024 School Year
Rate of pay: $42+ per hour
The Police Officer will demonstrate a commitment to the education of our youth and maintain an appropriate learning environment through the protection of students, employees and property.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to patrol FWISD facilities for the prevention of criminal offenses.
- Ability to work with Administrators, Principals and other Law Enforcement Officers.
- Respond to all calls requiring peace officer intervention or service, and initiate activity where needed to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Enforce laws, policies and provisions of the Texas Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure Texas Education Code and FWISD policy manual and code of conduct.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education (TCLEOSE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of laws, rules and regulations applicable to the position
- Demonstrate communication skills, credibility and demeanor appropriate to the position.
- Ability to demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork and passion for a student centered environment.
Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.50% indoors in controlled environment, 50% outdoors, exposed to elements of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities