CONCESSIONS FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Manager of Concessions, Club Seats, Vending & Rodeo Boxes
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
The Concessions Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of Concession Stands, Bars, portables, vending/ hawker, Club Seat & Rodeo Boxes (in-Seat Service), including, but not limited to, pre-event setup, event day operations and associated administrative paperwork. A primary function of this position is to serve as a team member liaison and support the development and implementation of new ideas, practices and policies throughout each operation. The Concessions Food & Beverage Supervisor reports to the Concessions Management Team and it is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specifications, ingredients, cooking times and presentations
- Assist with pre-event setup for bars, portables, stanchions, back of house spaces, etc.
- Verify assigned areas on their opening inventory for any discrepancies
- Understand and ensure proper execution of responsible alcohol service
- Understand and maintain proper sanitation and food safety
- Ensure proper documentation is being completed at all locations each shift; including but not limited to: temperature logs, inventory sheets, void sheets, spoilage tracking, etc.
- Provide oversight to all concession’s operations and monitor/ support expeditor efforts, food timing, cashier/ server efficiency & hospitality, etc.
- Assist the Concessions Management Team with training of team members to ensure their success and the success of the department as a whole
- Assist with in-event coaching as it pertains to proper practices/ procedures; communicate with management regarding these efforts following each shift
- Verify all side work has been completed properly and in an appropriate amount of time
- Organize and file all event paperwork; including, but not limited to stand inventory sheets, cleaning logs, requisition forms, etc.
- Monitor food and beverage quality and presentation throughout the event
- Monitor stand wait times and escalate concerns when crossing communicated service thresholds
- Work with management to ensure end of the month inventory is being completed
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all storage areas; i.e. back bars, storage rooms, beverage cages, pantries, walk in coolers, etc.
- Conduct/ complete end of the night walk-throughs to ensure all inventory is secured and all spaces reflect proper sanitation and appearance standards
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Management Team at Dickies Arena
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Exercises general supervision over clerical, administrative and professional staff assigned to the department.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role working in a fast-paced hospitality environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication skills
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures