Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, opened in November 2019, hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Supervisory responsibility: Operations Supervisors & Part Time Operations Crew
Job Description: The Operations Coordinator is responsible for supervising all aspects of Arena operations and housekeeping to include, event set-ups and break-downs, changeovers, post-event cleaning, deep cleaning projects and day-to-day Arena appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include, but not limited to the following):
- Supervise, train, and schedule operations staff
- Plan, assign, and direct work for operations staff
- Assure proper routine cleanliness for all front of house and back of house spaces
- Prepare and monitor event spaces and room set-ups to accommodate event needs
- Direct and Supervise all Arena major event changeovers
- Inventory of building FF&E assets and janitorial supplies to ensure properly equipped for day-to-day functions and prepared for events
- Provide for ordering, stocking, and distribution of necessary equipment and supplies
- Supervise housekeeping, special cleaning projects, and post-event cleaning operations
- Organize all Arena storage rooms to be in neat, organized and working order
- Maintain all Arena event equipment (seating systems, staging, basketball, hockey, etc.)
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems and complaints
- Act as liaison with tenants, contractors, and facility users as necessary
- Implement and enforce Trail Drive Management Corp policies and procedures
- Attend and participate in weekly Event Meetings, Operations Meetings and Client/Promoter Meetings representing Dickies Arena in a professional manner to understand and facilitate the necessary manpower, equipment and other needs for a successful Event and Operation
- Assist in annual performance reviews of Operations Supervisors & Part Time Operations Crew
- Assist other departments including but not limited to Parking, Security, Food & Beverage, Engineering, Sales and Marketing from time to time when necessary for the benefit of specific Event or overall Operation
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college in Hospitality, Management or Maintenance Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in management and/or supervisory position of public assembly facilities
- Any experience and/or training in the public assembly facility management industry is a plus
- Must have a state of Texas motor vehicle license
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility rigging capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirement for the types of events anticipated at the facility
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up/conversions/changeover; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Keyboarding Skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office
- Experience implementing and operating a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Self-motivated with strong client relations and staff management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts or other light power drive equipment.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, sketches as well as ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, construction submittals and specifications and other related materials.
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.