OPERATIONS: PART TIME OPERATIONS CREW
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Operations Coordinator and Operations Supervisor
Job Description: The Part Time Operations Crew role is responsible for preparing and maintaining the set-ups and break downs for all events at Dickies Arena. Attendant staff will move furniture and equipment throughout the facility for meetings, concerts, sporting, and other various events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include, but not limited to the following):
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
- Responsible for the physical setup of all areas around the Arena including flooring, chairs, tables, walls, staging, furnishings and equipment including ice, basketball, other sporting events, and concert staging set-ups
- Set-up and break-down of retractable and telescopic Irwin Seating System
- Actively care for all arena equipment and property by storing equipment properly, cleaning and repairing broken or damaged items, and alerting management of any mistreatment of property
- Maintain organized storage areas assigned, as well as stock supplies throughout the building
- Respond and resolve set-up issues promptly as directed by fellow staff and management
- May be required to operate industrial vehicles such as carts, forklifts, and floor scrubbers
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in manual labor position of public assembly facilities
- Any experience and/or training in the public assembly facility management industry is a plus
- Must have a state of Texas motor vehicle license
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to typical methods and techniques for set-ups and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of equipment
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- General knowledge and use of equipment and supplies, and working safety measures
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to operate equipment such as carts, forklifts, and cleaning machines
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.