CAMP FIRE IS HIRING!!
A site director at El Tesoro is not your typical camp maintenance job. It is the opportunity to be a part of something life changing. Camp Fire has been dedicated to expanding access to camping and outdoor programming at Camp El Tesoro since 1934. If you have a love for nature, value the experience of being outdoors and what to ensure youth and families have a safe and stellar experience at camp, you could be the right fit for the El Tesoro Site Director.
Our programs have grown from a summer camp for girls to a co-ed summer camp that also boasts a year-round camping center and the Texas Outdoor Education Center (TxOEC) serving youth, families, school groups and many different organizations. Additionally, in this role, you will be stewarding a $12 million property investment. Since 2010, the facility has undergone an extensive and thorough renovation and upgrade.
This position, in addition to competitive salary, benefits and retirement plan, will also enjoy the provided housing. Added as part of the camp upgrades in 2015, the single-family home is just past the camp gate with enough distance for family privacy, but close proximity to the camp facilities. It features 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and a large living room. The home is in Granbury Independent School District and is 45 min from Fort Worth, Texas and 1.5 hour from Dallas.
Take a virtual tour of the property. https://youtu.be/T9fvPYnhms4
Camp Fire First Texas is accepting resumes for the position of El Tesoro Site Director. Camp Fire Camp El Tesoro, established in 1934, is a 223-acre multi-use camp located in Granbury, TX. This is a full time, year-round position that requires living on camp property in provided housing.
The El Tesoro Site Director’s primary responsibility is to plan and coordinate the year-round safety, security, maintenance, repairs, and cleanliness of the property, facilities, and equipment, including infrastructure and utilities. The position directly supervises two full time maintenance staff and one full time food service/housekeeping manager.
- Facilities management experience (preferably in a camp setting) typically held by those with 5-10 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience; 5 or more years in a supervisory capacity strongly preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Relevant budget management experience, with the ability to create, monitor and effectively manage budgets.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Experience working at an ACA Accredited Camp.
- Three or more years’ experience in non-profit.
- Certified Pool Operator Certification.
- Knowledge of construction and working with contractors.
- Knowledge and experience in food service management: ordering, inventory, budgeting, food preparation, family-style and buffet serving, cleaning, and institutional kitchen equipment.
$48,000-$56,000 Annually + Housing
Interested persons should apply by submitting an online application, cover letter and resume at www.CampFireFW.org/Careers.
Camp Fire First Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at Camp Fire First Texas is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
- Must live on property in provided housing.
- Ability to assess needed facility and/or equipment repairs.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to sixty (60) pounds).
- Ability to perform physical labor, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Work is performed primarily outdoors. Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's License, excellent driving record, and state required personal liability insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience with machinery operation and maintenance including: Tractors, Mowers, UTV’s, chainsaws, cleaning machines, etc.
- Maintenance skills including the operation of power equipment, basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and grounds keeping.