The Steward is responsible for supporting kitchen operations by adhering to all sanitation standards. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work in culinary and preparation and pantry spaces throughout arena
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including dishwashing machine, hand wash stations and pot scrubbing stations
- Thoroughly complete all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities
- Ensure clean dishware is stored
- Clean and maintain sanitation areas
- Practice proper work procedures and safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain the organization of all chemicals and cleaning supplies; including the proper storage of mops, brooms, etc.
- Ensure clean wares are stored appropriately
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Strategic Thinking.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Exposed to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays; exposed to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts; required to stand for prolonged periods; exposed to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and guests at venue; required to wear protective clothing; may need to take precautions to avoid exposure to cleaners and fumes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Has a basic understanding of following directions and a quick learner
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.