TRAIL DRIVE MANAGEMENT CORP. – DICKIES ARENA OF FORT WORTH, TX
Director of Marketing and Communications
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and is the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Classification: Exempt Full Time Salaried; Exempt
Supervisory responsibility: Manages marketing department, which includes communications, marketing, graphic design, group sales and corporate partnership.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the promotion of concerts, sporting events, conventions and shows within the facility, while developing creative marketing campaigns that promote public/community awareness. In addition to the marketing and communication responsibilities, the employee will also oversee graphic design, group sales and corporate partnership. Director of Marketing and Communications will maintain relationships with media partners, promoters and advertisers to ensure venue coverage locally and nationally and successful promotion of events. This individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities of the marketing department to reach budget goals and generate revenue for the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure the development, implementation and reconciliation of comprehensive marketing programs
- Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities for Dickies Arena and its events
- Develop, direct, coordinate and review the strategic plan for providing marketing services
- Manage brand for Dickies Arena and Trail Drive Management Corp.
- Plan, organize, lead and control public relations & social media efforts for the facility and events.
- Write press releases, speeches for leadership and brand content for Dickies Arena and TDMC
- Act as public liaison for venue, which would include coordinating and conducting interviews
- Lead marketing department, including partnership activation, group sales and graphic design
- Prepare and manage department budget
- Forecast Revenue and Expense budgets
- Ensure the development, maintenance and coordination of advertising/sponsorship opportunities
- Negotiate advertising and media-related sponsorship agreements
- Plan and negotiate all paid TV, radio, print, outdoor and web-based advertising for various marketing campaigns
- Liaise with promoters to market the facility
- Work directly with promoters for upcoming events to ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Create marketing plans for events being promoted at the facility in conjunction with a promoter, or on behalf of the facility
- Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices and creating back up
- Track, analyze and compare event sales information
- Manage venue website and social media channels and keep up to date with best practices
- Create and coordinate all email communication on behalf of the venue for the general public and premium seat holders
- Maintain and monitor a solid media relations program, including the creation of media releases and the coordination of interviews and media requests for information on the event, facility or staff
- Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate partners
- Manage allocation and rate card for corporate partnerships
- Manage fulfilment of corporate partnerships including sponsorship presentations, renewal proposals and end of year recap presentations.
- Communicate regularly with media partners, promoters and entertainment agencies to maintain cooperative, positive relationships
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the community and community partners
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with contacts and co-workers
- Coordinate FWSSR efforts with other departments to implement marketing ideas/tasks
- Develop, monitor and evaluate annual marketing budget; set and manage achievement of department objectives
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate and evaluate marketing team; provide or coordinate training
- Develop collateral, including fliers, newsletters, websites, posters, postcards and email blasts
- Manage day-to-day promotions and event activities
- Negotiate deals and contracts successfully
- Perform other duties as assigned
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, greeting and directing clients verbally and in writing, and having ability to explain details to a variety of audiences. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts, and be able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients and determine an optimal solution to their concern. Employee will frequently communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as ticket office equipment, calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee could at times need to enter the construction area of the facility prior to its opening for media tours, PR events etcetera. Employee will need to go through Contractor safety training prior to entering the site. Employee will also frequently move about inside and outside facility in various areas before/during/after events in the course of directing clients/groups to desired locations. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration or other related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
- Working knowledge of Public Relations and practices
- Solid understanding of social media, web-based advertising and website maintenance
- Knowledge of Fort Worth market is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software; including familiarity with publishing software such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with media buying and promotions
- Experience in crisis communications preferred
- Knowledge of Contact Management Systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative and original promotional ideas
- Experience with writing press releases and marketing plans highly desired
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously