Position: Development Specialist
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary Range: $20 per hour
Apply online at https://www.campfirefw.org/careers/
Job Summary: The Development Specialist works closely with and learns directly from seasoned members of the Development team with over 28 years of collective experience in development and marketing to ensure donors’ contributions are recognized and reported according to best practices and financial guidelines. The Development Specialist will serve as important support person to special events logistics, reporting and donor acknowledgements of financial and in-kind contributions.
• Assist Development Manager with special events logistics
• Assist by coordinating and communicating with potential and selected artists for An Artists’ Christmas
• Manage and coordinate art images and art submitted for An Artists’ Christmas
• Assist in keeping invitation lists current and accurate
• Assist with soliciting and securing in-kind donations for events
• Help manage mailings for events, ensuring mail lists current, coordinate event mailings to meet timeline goals
• Assist in managing third party and new demographic fundraising opportunities
• Help manage North Texas Giving Day
• Ability to work remotely with use of personal computer as needed.
• Current undergraduate or graduate student, recent graduate, or equivalent experience
• Values and strives to demonstrate commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
• High fluency in Google Drive and MS Office Suite
• Computer and database savvy
• Ability to work independently and prioritize among multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
• Interest in nonprofit development and commitment to the Camp Fire mission and goals
• Research experience
Camp Fire’s Culture: Camp Fire First Texas is one of the largest Camp Fire councils in the country. Programs are for boys, girls and their families and include camping, after school programs, teen services, environmental education, and school readiness, in addition to professional development for early childhood educators. In Camp Fire, children and youth find a safe, fun and inclusive place – a place where they form lasting relationships, develop a sense of belonging and make positive contributions to the lives of their families and their community. Camp Fire youth have life-enhancing experiences and develop assets essential to their futures. Camp Fire changes young lives for the better in our community. Inside and out.