Have Training experience and interested in EECU?
EECU is seeking a Training and Development Specialist to plan, organize, and develop various employee educational training programs to meet the strategic goals of the Credit Union. Works with subject matter experts to capture content-relevant information for a staff member’s success and researches high-tech delivery methods to ensure employee engagement. The Training Specialist must become a system expert in all operational areas, an expert on many banking regulations and possess the ability to create a learning environment that promotes the highest degree of content retention. This position requires creativity, high quality, and consistency while working in a fast-paced environment. This position has a sign on bonus in amount of $500.00.
Key responsibilities include:
• Plans, organizes, and designs training curriculums for all employees to help effectively meet the Credit Union’s yearly strategic goals.
• Creates lesson plans and facilitates workshops for all operational training for the Financial Center Consultants, Contact Center staff and the Teller staff.
• Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all operational and compliance training. Recommends and implements changes to operational/compliance training as needed for employee development.
• Responsible for creating and updating all training materials for all Tellers, Financial Center Consultants, and Contact Center Staff. This includes hard copy training materials and job aids, as well as updating and posting them electronically in SharePoint-Connect.
• Direct structured learning experiences and monitor quality results.
• Responsible for creating and updating training courses for maximum effectiveness in the online EECU University.
• Acclimates new hires to the business and conducts monthly orientation and onboarding sessions.
• Facilitates Sales Training for all Financial Center and Contact Center staff members through a variety of delivery methods, including classroom instruction, virtual training, certifications and on the job coaching as needed.
• Assists the training team in assigning and assessing training programs within the LMS that will help employees gain the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in their current role, as well as for future career development.
• Responsible for creating and facilitating other training programs as needed, such as soft skills training.
• Must stay up to date of the new trends and tools in employee development. Responsible for the creation and publication of e-learning programs.
• Responsible for compliance training of all Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act and NCUA Privacy Regulations.
• Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act training
• Other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
Candidates for EECU should possess the following knowledge and experience:
College degree in Education, Training, Human Resources, or related field, + 2 years work experience. Financial Industry experience a plus. Or, five + years equivalent work experience in the financial industry or the training and development field.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, and attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to become a Symitar/Meridian Link expert in teller operations, new accounts operations and the lending area.
• Must be flexible in scheduling training classes and possess the ability to conduct training classes outside of normal business hours.
• Excellent computer skills required. Should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and various other training media.
• Must possess the ability to make effective presentations in front of small and large groups of people.
• Must have adequate knowledge of learning management systems and high-tech delivery methods.
• Knowledge of Articulate 360 (e-learning tool) a plus.
Must have a working knowledge of various banking regulations such as Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act), Information Security, Privacy Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) /Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Physical Security, Regulation DD –Truth In Savings Act, Regulation D Regulation E, Regulation B, and Regulation Z.
For more than 80 years, Fort Worth-based EECU community credit union has been committed to providing members A Better Way of Banking®. Today, EECU is one of the largest credit unions in Texas with over $3.3 billion in USD assets and serves over 260,000 members through 16 financial centers across North Texas. In the true spirit of the credit union philosophy “people helping people” EECU was recently honored with the Fort Worth Business Press Corporate Philanthropy Award for employee volunteerism, named Best Bank/Credit Union by the Fort Worth Star Telegram’s readers, and became the 1st credit union in Fort Worth to become Blue Zones certified for promoting employee well-being.
EECU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. EECU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
EECU is an EOE/Vets/Disabled Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability.
For more information on our organization and our best in class benefits please visit EECU Careers.