Search Members

Fort Worth Chamber Members

› Return to the Member Directory

Burnett Oil Co., Inc.

  • Oil & Gas Exploration & Development
801 Cherry St. #1500, Unit #9
Fort Worth, TX 76102-6881
(817) 332-5108
(817) 332-2438 (fax)

About Us

The Burnett family's history in Texas dates back to the mid-1800′s. Samuel ''Burk'' Burnett was one of the first cattlemen in Texas to buy steers and graze them for market. The end of the 19th read more
  • About

    The Burnett family's history in Texas dates back to the mid-1800′s. Samuel ''Burk'' Burnett was one of the first cattlemen in Texas to buy steers and graze them for market. The end of the 19th century brought with it the end of the open range. Private cattle ranches quickly became the face of the new West.

    With a purchase of the 8 Ranch near Guthrie, Texas and the Dixon Creek Ranch near the Panhandle of Texas around 1900, the Four Sixes (6666) Ranches began to take shape.

    Oil and gas activities on the Burnett Ranches date back to 1921, when oil was first discovered on the Dixon Creek Ranch in Hutchinson County, Texas. The discovery later became known as the Panhandle Oil Field. As drilling progressed in the 1920's, the West Panhandle Gas Field was extended across most of the Dixon Creek Ranch in adjacent Carson County to the south. The West Panhandle Field later coalesced into the mega-giant Hugoton-Panhandle Gas Field, the largest natural gas field in North America.

    In 1969, oil was discovered on the 6666 Headquarters' Ranch in King County, Texas. Numerous oil fields followed this discovery and to date, over 100 million barrels of oil have been produced from these fields.

    The discovery of oil greatly benefited the Burnett family's ranching business which has continued to grow and develop for over 100 years. The land and its good stewardship are our heritage and our legacy.

  • Media